Monday, August 17, 2009

My muse is a night owl

She woke me up at 1:30am, with the undeniable urge to pee. I finally disengaged my limbs from around my toddler, husband and dog by about 2am and hit the potty. Post potty, I didn't feel like trying to rearrange myself around all those people in my bed again, so I came here. I posted a blog about how frustrated I've been, as I'm sure you read sometime today.

Then, I sat in my green chair and brooded.

I may have even pouted.

And then it happened; an epiphany! Lightening struck my brain! (That's from "Hook") I pulled out my notebook, and my printed manuscript and started making notes, and crossing things out like a mad woman. I highlighted things, I wrote under words and over paragraphs, and about an hour after I had originally gotten out of bed, I got myself back in, with a smile on my face, a song on my heart and a plot in my head...and on paper.

Got some great rewrites done today. There are some scenes that are going to have to come out that I am going to miss, but I may be able to factor them in somewhere else in the future. For now I am grateful that my muse came and visited me last night.

I would like to request that future shots of inspiration take place around noon or so, though. I mean, it would just be a little more convenient for me. There would be a lot less eye rubbing and yawning, at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment